The Court of Appeal in Kampala on Thursday issued a temporary injunction against the sale of prime Muslim property within the city.
Apparently, this follows a decision by the court, presided over by three justices, to allow an application by the Uganda Muslim Supreme Council (UMSC) to stop businessman Justus Kyabahwa from seizing and selling their properties.
The request was based on a fraudulent land transaction that allegedly led Kyabahwa to a commercial court ruling condemning UMSC to pay him nearly Shs19 billion for failing to give vacant possession of a piece of land in Ssembabule.
Related articles; Anna Namazzi remanded to Luzira over torture of own child
Furthermore, UMSC had appealed Gashirabake’s decision, and the three-justice panel granted them temporary relief. This means Kyabahwa cannot seize the Muslim property until the appeal is heard and decided.
In conclusion, the court, led by Deputy Chief Justice Richard Buteera, Geoffrey Kiryabwire, and Irene Mulyagonja, will issue the detailed reasoning for their decision overturning that of their single colleague Justice Christopher Gashirabake at a later date.
- Konshens has hinted about his return to Uganda
- Gravity Omutujju drops Pena Jikube ft Quin Smile new Song
- Naira Ali drop Love Yekitto Brand New Song
- Bodaboda man mercilessly practicing Kasabuni
- Bebe Cool blasts local promoters over disrespect of musician
- Musa Musasizi jailed over 100 years for killing four girlfriends
- William Ruto declares Kenya Visa-free for all Visitors
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity