The opposition Forum for Democratic Change, FDC party has commenced the early identification of candidates from village to district levels in preparation for the upcoming local council elections and the 2026 general elections.
However, the government postponed the elections of village chairpersons (LC1s and LC11s) due to financial constraints, leaving 57,842 villages and 7,431 parishes without elected representatives since their terms expired in July 2023.
FDC’s Secretary General, Mr. Nathan Nandala Mafabi, mentioned that the identification process, already underway in districts like Sironko, will continue until February 2024.
Related articles; ADF Rebels Will Soon Attack Uganda- President
“We are identifying candidates for the postponed local council elections and the 2026 general elections. Interested individuals must express their intention by February 28, or we will consider other committed candidates for the FDC party,” he stated during an interview at the Mountain Inn Hotel in Mbale City.
Furthermore, Mafabi emphasized the importance of early identification to avoid last-minute decisions, which often result in the selection of weaker candidates and poor performance.
In an effort to regain popularity and challenge the ruling National Resistance Movement (NRM) party in the 2026 general elections, Mafabi expressed the FDC’s determination. In the 2021 elections, the FDC presidential candidate secured 3.26 percent of the votes.
Additionally, local FDC leaders, such as Mr. Patrick Waniaye, the chairperson for Sironko District, are actively mobilizing at the grassroots to ensure the party reclaims political positions in 2026, aiming to sweep away the NRM from Sironko and Bugisu Sub-region.
In conclusion, Mafabi, who also chairs the Bugisu Cooperative Union (BCU), outlined plans to address corruption and reduce expenditures to recover the economy if the FDC assumes power in 2026.
- Court halts sale of Muslim property in Kampala
- Government sets dates to improve Vanilla quality in 2024
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity