The secretary generals of the opposition Democratic Party (DP) and the ruling National Resistance Movement (NRM) are set to meet this week to assess the progress of the cooperation agreement.
According to Mao, the planned meeting will discuss some of the institutional arrangements of the agreement.
In 2022, the DP president general, Mr. Norbert Mao, and President Museveni, also the party chairman of the ruling NRM, signed a working agreement where both parties agreed to share political power and to cooperate with the NRM in supporting the overall governance agenda.
Related articles; NAM Summit kicks off today
Furthermore, the meeting will also discuss administrative arrangements to ensure that DP leaders are involved in discussions and the implementation of government programs.
Mao says they will talk about the coming general elections and agree on certain things.
Apparently, the secretary generals of the opposition Democratic Party (DP) and the ruling National Resistance Movement (NRM) are set to meet this week to assess the progress of the cooperation agreement.
In conclusion, he demands that the NRM not front candidates in DP strongholds to enable the party to win without stiff competition.
- Entebbe Airport ready for NAM, G77 summits – UCCA
- Court halts sale of Muslim property in Kampala
- Government sets dates to improve Vanilla quality in 2024
- ADF Rebels Will Soon Attack Uganda- President
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity