At least 48 people have been confirmed dead following a grisly road accident at Londiani Junction along the Nakuru-Kericho highway in Kenya at around 7 p.m. on Friday, June 30.
The truck also crashed into hawkers selling roasted maize, vegetables, cabbages, and oranges by the roadside on the Muhoroni turn-off.
However, the accident involved a truck that was traveling from Nakuru towards Kericho when it lost control and rammed into several matatus, private vehicles, and motorcycles before landing in a ditch.
Confirming the incident, Rift Valley regional commissioner Abdi Hassan said the death toll had risen to 48 at around 11.30 p.m. as other victims succumbed to injuries while being rushed to the hospital.
Speaking at the scene of the accident, Dr. Hassan added that two bodies are trapped at the scene, where about 30 people were injured.
At around 9 p.m., Londiani police boss Agnes Kunga confirmed that at least 20 people had perished and tens had been rushed to various health facilities in Nakuru and Kericho for treatment.
Ms. Kunga told uncovered news reporters that “We have lost more than 20 people in the horrific accident. Dozens of others have been rushed to various hospitals, including Londiani, Molo sub-county, and Nakuru Level Five hospitals.
“It is a very bad accident. Several people are feared dead, while others are trapped in the wreckage in the pile-up.”
A doctor at the Londiani sub-county hospital said by press time that more than 50 victims were being attended to at the facility.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka