Wayne Rooney has been sacked by Birmingham City after 83 days. Rooney lost nine of his 15 matches, and supporters turned on the former England and Manchester United captain during Monday’s 3-0 defeat by Leeds.
However, for Birmingham and their ambitious American owner, Knighthead, Rooney’s exit is an embarrassing end to a disastrous episode.
Additionally, on the day Rooney was unveiled at St Andrew’s, their chief executive, Garry Cook, promised “no-fear football,” but they are left needing to salvage their season amid the threat of relegation to League One. Birmingham is six points above the drop zone.
No Championship team has taken fewer points than Birmingham since Rooney’s appointment in October, which was heralded “as a defining moment for the football club” by Cook.
The 38-year-old, who has also managed Derby, wants to continue as head coach. “I plan to take some time with my family as I prepare for the next opportunity in my journey as a manager,” he said.
Furthermore, Rooney’s tenure was punctuated by difficult moments. At the end of his first home match, a defeat by Hull City, he conceded that some of his players had informed him they felt uncomfortable playing his style of play.
After the defeat at Leeds, Rooney said: “We are in a difficult moment; there’s no denying that; we have to pull together to get through it. I hope we can bolster the squad in January.”
In conclusion, the coaches John O’Shea, Ashley Cole, and Pete Shuttleworth, all of whom Rooney brought into the club, will stay to help the professional development coach, Steve Spooner, who has been appointed interim manager. Rooney’s first-team coach, Carl Robinson, has departed.
- Paul Pogba anti-doping hearing moved to unspecified date
- Former India cricket captain Bishan Singh Bedi dies aged 77
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity