The Ministry of Works and Transport Gen Katumba Wamala has set up an alternative route to Masaka City via Lake Victoria.
Due to the destruction of all roads to Masaka has led the government to find an alternative option of transportation people and their goods from. Kampala to Masaka and vice versa.
Starting at 1pm Monday, MV Kalangala and MV NODL-Victoria will be transporting travellers from Nakiwogo in Entebbe to Bukakata in Masaka and vice versa.
This follows the closure of the Kampala-Masaka Highway after floods washed away a section of the Katonga Bridge, forcing travellers to divert at Mpigi via Sembabule to Masaka, which is a longer route.
The Chief executive officer of Nation Oil Distributors Limited, Mr Sadala Musoke told us that the alternative was made after the consultation frommthe authorities.
“Water transport is the safest and cheapest means of transport but many of our people don’t acknowledge that. This is an opportunity for Ugandans going to Masaka must utilise to minimise the time spent on the road since this will take them only three hours depending on the environment on the lake,” Mr Musoke said, adding that they will be charging only Shs15,000.
“We will be leaving Nakiwogo at 1pm and we will be arriving at Bukakata Landing Site at 4.30pm. And then on Tuesday morning, the vessel will leave early at 8am and arrive in Nakiwogo at 12.30pm. We will be doing the same for the entire week unless something comes up,” He added.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira
- UncategorizedDecember 1, 2023MC Kats on why he is finally quitting showbiz
- EntertainmentDecember 1, 2023Big Eye to perform at Reigns Birthday Party
- EducationDecember 1, 2023Makerere University Student found Dead In her Room