The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) has told the people that the Katonga Bridge will take 3 weeks to repair it.
The too much rainfall destroyed the bridge which is along the Kampala – Masaka highway.
The bridge was damaged and it remained just few pieces for it to fall in. So the government of Uganda has encouraged people to use the water transport means to reach Kampala and Masaka.
The Bridge, which is a major gateway to key regional borders like Tanzania, DR Congo, Rwanda and Burundi, caved in last Thursday following devastating flash floods that swept through the area.
After the destruction, UNRA has been monitoring, assembling the construction materials in order to embark onnits restoration.
The destruction of the bridge has led to the increase in the transport affairs in a way that a journey which was for 15,000ugx is now 40,000 ugx.
Mr Allan Ssempebwa,UNRA spokesperson told us that the water level at Katonga has reduced to enable actual repairing of the bridge to commence.
“Everything we need is already on site and if we get favourable weather conditions, the planned emergency works to allow traffic flow will take us just between two and three weeks,” he added.
In conclusion, we encourage UNRA to be very fast in repairing the Katonga Bridge to enable the people of Masaka move easily from. Kampala to. Masaka.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira
- UncategorizedDecember 1, 2023MC Kats on why he is finally quitting showbiz
- EntertainmentDecember 1, 2023Big Eye to perform at Reigns Birthday Party
- EducationDecember 1, 2023Makerere University Student found Dead In her Room