Japan has issued a major tsunami warning after a 7.6 magnitude earthquake struck the central region.
However, Residents in the coastal Noto area in Ishikawa prefecture were asked to “evacuate immediately to higher ground,” national broadcaster NHK said.
Authorities have warned of waves as high as 5 meters in Noto. However, they also issued tsunami warnings for neighboring Niigata and Toyama prefectures, where they said waves could reach 3 meters.
Related articles; Burundi President Ndayishimiye calls for stoning of gay couples
Public television flashed “EVACUATE” in big letters, urging residents to flee to higher ground despite the winter weather.
People have also posted videos of the earthquake from their homes and from inside subway stations.
Furthermore, the country’s largest nuclear power operator, Kansai Electric, said there had been “no abnormality” in nuclear plants in the affected area.
South Korea’s meteorological agency has warned that tsunami waves up to 0.3m could hit the eastern coast of the country between 18:29 and 19:17 local time (09:29 and 10:17 GMT).
In conclusion, this breaking news story is being updated, and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
SOURCE: BBC NEWS
- Aircraft Detained Due to trafficking concerns in France
- Ugandan Parliament urged to pass Alcohol Control Bill
- Court halts sale of Muslim property in Kampala
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity