Singer Swahaba Kasumba has been sent to prison after being found guilty of failing to pay a debt of 16 million Ugandan shillings to a money lender identified as Lutwama.
According to reports surrounding Kasumba’s incarceration, he received funds from Lutwama but failed to adhere to the mutually agreed-upon repayment schedule.
Lutwama conducted a thorough search for the Swaba Kasumba over a prolonged period and eventually apprehended him, taking him to a nearby police station, and later on Friday (October 27), he was subsequently brought before the court.
However, the ruling was handed down by Dorcus, a Magistrate Grade 1 at Mengo Court, who ordered that Kasumba be remanded to Luzira Prison until October 30, 2023.
The decision has sent shockwaves through the Ugandan music industry, with many of Kasumba’s fans expressing their disappointment and sadness at the news. Here at our news platform, we pray that he is released and pays the money back to the money lender
Apparently, the case against Kasumba serves as a warning to other musicians and artists to be careful when dealing with money lenders and to ensure that they fulfill their financial obligations in a timely and responsible manner.
In conclusion, Kasumba, known for his unique blend of traditional and modern music, has been a prominent figure in the Ugandan music scene for many years
- FreeBoy Curses His Collaboration With Winnie Nwagi
- Gerald Kiwewa: “I Want Gravity Omutujju For A Battle”
- Bebe Cool blasts local promoters over disrespect of musicians
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira