In Kyenjonjo district, a police officer is among the seven suspects arrested in connection with the illegal possession and sale of government drugs and medical equipment worth over Sh300 million.
“Other suspects were arrested from Kyenyojo district, and these included Assistant Inspector of Police (AIP) Luke Yusuf Katuramu, a police officer who is also a health officer working with Kyenjojo Police Health Centre,” a statement from the National Drug Authority (NDA) reads in part.
Hower, the arrest followed a targeted enforcement operation in Ntoroko and Kyenjojo districts with other suspects, including an in-charge of Bweramule Health Centre Il and some enrolled nurses at Bweramule Health Centre ll.
The authority says some suspects confessed to selling drugs to brokers in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
During the intelligence-led operation, several government drugs and medical supplies were recovered, including over 100 tins of ARVs, anti-malarials, 80 cartons of malaria test strips, 100 boxes of HIV and hepatitis B test strips, several doses of unpacked antibiotics and paracetamol, and 12 jerricans of laboratory reagents, among others.
According to the NDA, the suspects are being held at Fort Portal Police Station pending a court trial over charges of unlawful possession of government stores.
The suspects holding public offices will also be charged with corruption and abuse of office.
In conclusion, over 32 cartons of assorted drugs suspected to be relabeled and repackaged government drugs were also impounded. READ MORE
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira
- UncategorizedDecember 1, 2023MC Kats on why he is finally quitting showbiz
- EntertainmentDecember 1, 2023Big Eye to perform at Reigns Birthday Party
- EducationDecember 1, 2023Makerere University Student found Dead In her Room