Today, Parliament is holding a special session to honor Cecilia Ogwal, who recently passed away due to cancer in an Indian hospital. She was the former Woman Member of Parliament for Dokolo district and will be laid to rest this Saturday in Kole district.
Waiswa Henry Yoweri, representing the Clerk to Parliament, issued a special sitting notice to pay tribute to Ms. Ogwal’s legacy. Parliamentarians from different political parties gathered at Entebbe International Airport on Sunday to receive her body.
However, starting at 9:00 a.m., Cecilia Ogwal’s body will lie in state at Parliament, giving Members of Parliament the chance to pay their respects. Following this, a special sitting in her honor is scheduled to start at 12:00 p.m. It’s a moment for reflection and remembrance of Ms. Ogwal’s contributions.
Related articles; BREAKING: Dokolo Woman MP Cecilia Ogwal Dead
This event is a solemn occasion to celebrate the life of the late Cecilia Ogwal and acknowledge her service to the community and the nation.
In conclusion, the special sitting provides an opportunity for Parliament to come together in unity and express condolences for the loss. Let us join in remembering and honoring the legacy of Cecilia Ogwal.
- Court halts sale of Muslim property in Kampala
- Government sets dates to improve Vanilla quality in 2024
- ADF Rebels Will Soon Attack Uganda- President
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity