Tinubu Bola, Nigerian President suspended Emefiele Godwin from governing the central bank of Nigeria.
He did this act a head of the planned reforms in the financial sector of the country.
Emefiele has been the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria since June 2014.
The move came following an investigation by the government, said a statement from the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
Emefiele said he has been ordered to instantly hand over to a deputy governor in charge of operations, who will act as the interim governor pending the conclusion of the investigation and reforms.
The president said ” The financial sector had started decreasing and the country was not bringing in revenue and the GDP of the country has started decreasing,”.
We also interacted with Emefiele and he told us that “You know in Africa, most people don’t want to see someone who is above, they tend to pull him down, I have developed the financial sector of the country but there are some people who are not appreciative. They tend to put a bad image on me and this forced the president to suspend me, “.
Here at uncovered news, we encourage the government to make serious investigations to find out what exactly is true about this case.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled