Yoweri Museveni, president of the Republic of Uganda, has cautioned the youth against sexual abuse, drugs, and alcoholism, among other habits.
Museveni told our news reporters that “I am now going to be 80 years old, and I hear you are asking me to continue leading the war. This is because I am fit; I am not sick. If I were sick in a wheelchair, you could not disturb me. I don’t take alcohol; I don’t smoke cigarettes, let alone the other poisons that I hear some of you and your colleagues take.”.
The President, who was speaking during the passing out of the joint patriotic corps from different schools in Kampala at Kololo Independence Grounds on Thursday, urged the bazukulu (youth) to stay away from what he called social deviances such as prostitution, drugs, and substance abuse, among others.
Related articles; Suspected terrorists kill tourists in Queen Elizabeth National Park
However, he stressed that patriotic citizens should stay away from such acts and instead focus on growth and hard work, which will accelerate the socio-economic transformation of the country.
In conclusion, he also noted that part of his success as a long-serving leader was because he chose to stay away from alcohol, drugs, and other bad habits.
- Joan Kagezi killers finally arrested, says Museveni
- Link Bus driver arrested for using a phone while driving
- Mathias Mpuuga Praised for Effective Leader of Opposition
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 7, 2023Police in Tororo District have killed a 26-year-old man, Godfrey Odoi
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Victor Kamenyo advises all his Wife’s admirers to use Soap
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Geosteady discharged from hospital After a four day sickness
- Celebrity GossipDecember 7, 2023Gabie Ntaate speaks about her struggles with Anger issues