A trending video has been making the rounds on social media of a Link bus driver using his phone while driving a public bus. The police have now arrested the suspect. 43-year-old Andrew Jjemba is currently at Kyegegwa Police Station in Kyegegwa district.
Mr. Jjemba was charged under Regulations 3(a) and 4 of the Traffic and Road Safety (Restriction of Use of Mobile Telephone) Regulations 20p4.
Motorists were warned by police against using phones while driving to avoid crashes. At the time of the recording, Jjemba had been driving passengers on the Kampala-Fort Portal Road. However, one of the passengers saw him using his phone and recorded the video.
“The police thus commend the public for their vigilance on road safety. It also calls upon everyone to continue reporting and sharing any information on traffic violations on roads on our toll-free line, 0800199099,” he said.
In the recent past, the company has been in the limelight for errant drivers. Just over a year ago, over 20 people instantly lost their lives in a crash involving a Link bus. Additionally, in July 2023, a Link Bus driver died after ramming into a parked truck after he failed to control his speeding bus.
In conclusion, it should be noted that following last year’s crash, the transport ministry suspended the company’s operating license. It demanded that the drivers undergo fresh tests.
- Mathias Mpuuga Praised for Effective Leader of Opposition
- North Korea to close their embassy in Uganda
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira