Mukono District Khadi told to leave office
A group of Muslim leaders in Mukono District have sacked their District Khadi, Sheikh Shazir Lumala accusing him of abuse of office
One of the committe, Hajji Badru Kitaka Kavulu led the sancrion of the district khadi. They accuse him of misusing office and firing elected members.
Mr Kavulu told one our news reporters that “In my capacity as the acting chairperson of the Mukono Muslim District, he summoned Sheikh Lumala to file his defence on April 10, but the latter dodged the meeting which prompted members of the district executive committee to pass a vote of no confidence in his leadership on April 11, “.
It should be a lesson that once you are given office use it according to serve the people not your own good.
Hajj Kavulu is an imposter, Mr Abbas Mujumba Nashamba is the legitimate chairman for Mukono Muslim District having been elected and duly sworn in together with other office bearers,” he added.
“The council resolved and passed a vote of no confidence in Sheikh Shazir Lumala as the district Khadi based on Article 22 sub-section 2 and 5 of the newly amended constitution of Uganda Muslim Supreme Council (UMSC). It was agreed that Sheikh Abbas Ssenkumba serves as the interim district Khadi pending a decision from the headquarters,” He told the journalists on Thursday.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Sports2023.05.31Europa final : Sevilla vs As Roma
- National2023.05.31Policeman shoots businessman over woman
- National2023.05.2922-year-old student killed in Kisoro District
- Sports2023.05.28Bye Bye Leicester City