The Kumi residents have been for drinking unclean water from Lake Nyaguo, a tributary of Lake Kyoga.
More than 3,000 residents in Kaderin Parish, Kadami Sub-county, Kumi District are excited after they received a solar-powered water project.
Its a great achievement to the people of kumi and this time round they will take clean water
We interacted with some residenat and they told us that “we have been fetching contaminated water for domestic use, especially drinking, cooking, bathing and washing utensils, which posed a health risk,”.
One of the residents known as Akello added by saying “In the lake and swamp there are so many bacteria that cause diseases, even the fishermen defecate and urinate around the same water source, animals that die rot in water,”.
The Shs99m project was installed by Habitat for Humanity Uganda, a non-government organisation, that constructs houses and empowers the vulnerable and needy communities to do sustainable livelihood activities.
The leaders of the area are excited especially the chairperson.
Mr Ben Oboi, the chairperson of Oput Village, said the water would improve their personal hygiene and sanitation, so we encouraged the residents to construct pit-latrines and embrace washing of hands.
“The responsibility now is in our hands, let us dig pit-latrines, buy soap and keep ourselves clean. When you visit the pit-latrine please wash your hands after the natural call, wash clothes and bathe with soap,” He added.
Here uncovered news, we encourage the residents of Kumi to br vigilant to oke another in keeping hygiene and sanitation🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira