Makerere University will hold its 74th graduation ceremony from January 8 to 12, 2024, Uncovered ug has learned. The week-long graduation ceremony will see at least 13,000 students graduate in various disciplines.
Makerere University held its 73rd graduation ceremony this year in February, but Prof. Nawangwe said that the institution is slated to go back to normalcy next year in August.
The University Vice Chancellor, Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe, says the Senate will meet in October to consider the final graduation list.
This is the first time the institution is holding its graduation in January after the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the institution’s academic calendar.
He says that the results and marks of various students are at the college level, but most colleges have already held academic board meetings to approve the results.
Meanwhile, the academic registrar’s communication indicated that the new academic year 2023–24 starts on August 19, 2023, with the freshmen’s orientation.
The institution last month released the list of government-sponsored students and is yet to release the list of privately sponsored students, who are all expected to start next month.
Teaching and learning are slated to commence on August 26, when the continuing students are also expected at the institution to kick-start their new academic year.
The academic registrar, Prof. Buyinza Mukadasi, indicated that all beneficiaries of the government sponsorship are expected to start picking up their admission letters from their respective colleges.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipMarch 5, 2024Pastor Jengo Accused Of Selling Late Pastor Yiga’s Property
- International newsMarch 5, 2024Diplomatic Initiatives Intensify To Broker Israel & Hamas Ceasefire
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today