North Korea is set to close its embassy in Uganda, Ambassador Jong Tong Hak has revealed. In a courtesy call to President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni at State House Entebbe, Hak informed him that North Korea has taken a strategic measure to reduce the number of embassies in Africa and Uganda, inclusive, in order to increase the efficiency of the country’s external institutions.
He assured Museveni that bilateral relations between Uganda and North Korea would continue despite the changes.
Hak told our news reporters that “our connections will be continued through Malabo and Equatorial Guinea. Our ambassador will soon present his credentials to you. Our physical absence cannot block our hearts, minds, and souls. Our good friendship will continue and will be further strengthened and developed. I received this commitment from my government. I have lived in Kampala for many years. I love Uganda and its people.”.
“Although the Korean Peninsula situation is still intense, our government is trying to stabilize the situation. That is why it continues to build up its strength to protect its territory and people. My government still vividly remembers your famous speech at the UN General Assembly in 2017 that you made before the world as you expressed your gratitude to our government. Such a speech made us happy, and we are grateful,” Hak added.
For his part, Museveni lauded Hak for the job well done during his service in Uganda. Hak has been in Uganda since 2009, first as the deputy ambassador and later as the full ambassador. North Korea follows Norway in announcing that it will be closing its Kampala consulate.
In conclusion, he also applauded Museveni for consistently supporting the Korean government in enforcing its peaceful efforts to realize a harmonious unification of the Korean Peninsula.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira
- UncategorizedDecember 1, 2023MC Kats on why he is finally quitting showbiz
- EntertainmentDecember 1, 2023Big Eye to perform at Reigns Birthday Party
- EducationDecember 1, 2023Makerere University Student found Dead In her Room