The Inspector General of Police, Martin Okoth Ochola has revealed that 2023 has been a challenging year characterized by various cases of rebel attacks that claimed the lives of over 60 people.
However, IGP Okoth Ochola says that they achieved many key achievements, including the reduction of gun-related crime and acid attacks, as well as making a breakthrough in the murder case of Joan Kagezi, where some key suspects were arrested.
Enaga told uncoveredug news reporters that “despite these challenges, the IGP is pleased to announce that 2023 has also been a good year for policing in the country where the police and sister security agencies of the UPDF, Prisons, SFC, the joint intelligence component of CMI, ISO, and ESO, and the joint anti-terrorism task team carried out specific and joint operations that made our country, Uganda, one of the safest countries on the continent.”
In his end-of-year message read to the media by Fred Enanga, the police spokesperson at Police Headquarters Naguru, IGP Ochola noted that the ADF attacks in Kasese and Rwenzori Region, including that at Lubiriha Secondary School, where they killed 42 innocent schoolchildren, are one of the major murder cases that challenged the police in 2023.
The IGP revealed that they are going to expand the use of technology in policing and fighting crime next year, in 2024.
In conclusion, he attributed the success to the hard work of the police in coordination with sister security agencies, the reorganization of CID, where there is improved detection and investigation, the robust crime intelligence directorate that has built a proactive network of credible informants, and also the strategic partnerships with the communities to disrupt and dismantle criminals.
- Ugandan Parliament urged to pass Alcohol Control Bill
- Court halts sale of Muslim property in Kampala
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity