The consulate of Uganda in Guangzhou, China, used the 61st independence anniversary on October 9, 2023, to promote Ugandan-made products to Chinese traders and consumers.
The consulate organized a ‘Promote Uganda Origin’ event at Meta Incubator—Wisdom Valley, an industrial technological innovation hub in Panyu district, Guangzhou. The afternoon session of the event had a special focus on promoting Ugandan coffee among Chinese consumers.
It entailed a presentation by Dr. Emmanuel Iyamulemye, the managing director of the Uganda Coffee Development Authority. The guests were treated to Uganda coffee at the newly opened Elgon Café and also had a metaverse experience about Uganda as a country and society.
Ambassador Judyth Nsababera, the consul general, stressed the promotion of economic and commercial cooperation between Uganda and China as the central objective of the consulate’s work, which also involves the attraction of foreign direct investment into Uganda’s strategic sectors, increasing the number of outbound Chinese tourists to Uganda, increasing productivity, and expanding Uganda’s export base to the Chinese market for its agricultural produce, especially Ugandan coffee.
Nsababera also stressed the consulate’s commitment to providing all the necessary support to enterprises wishing to travel to Uganda to further explore existing opportunities. She added that the consulate will soon commence construction of a permanent home in Guangzhou—both the chancery and official residence—and that Uganda Airlines is in the final stages of commencing direct flights between Entebbe and Guangzhou, which will facilitate easy movement of people and goods between the two countries.
Additionally, it saw consular generals from 30 consulates, other members of the diplomatic corps, and a cross-section of Chinese business executives from sectors strategic to Uganda, as stated in an official statement.
In conclusion, the event was attended by the deputy director general of the Guangdong Provincial Foreign Affairs Office and the director and deputy directors of the African Division, along with officials from the Guangzhou Foreign Affairs Office.
- Museveni woos South African investors
- Mathias Mpuuga Praised for Effective Leader of Opposition
- North Korea to close their embassy in Uganda
- Former India cricket captain Bishan Singh Bedi dies aged 77
- St Louis Cardinals prospect’s offseason outlook
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 7, 2023Police in Tororo District have killed a 26-year-old man, Godfrey Odoi
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Victor Kamenyo advises all his Wife’s admirers to use Soap
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Geosteady discharged from hospital After a four day sickness
- Celebrity GossipDecember 7, 2023Gabie Ntaate speaks about her struggles with Anger issues