Erik ten Hag believes Manchester United’s emerging young stars will enjoy a bright future at Old Trafford if they retain their hunger to improve.
However, a picture of the young trio sitting on an advertising hoarding together, celebrating Garnacho’s first goal in last Sunday’s 3-0 victory over West Ham, summed up the shift in mood at Old Trafford.
After a troubled first half of the season, United have been revitalized in recent weeks by the dynamic displays of Rasmus Hojlund, Alejandro Garnacho, and Kobbie Mainoo.
Related articles; Manchester United vs West ham United at Old Trafford
In their last five games, Ten Hag’s side have beaten Wolves and West Ham and drawn with Tottenham in the Premier League, while also defeating Wigan and Newport in the FA Cup. United have scored 15 goals in the process, an attacking blitz at odds with their previously misfiring form this term.
At the center of United’s renaissance have been the performances of Danish striker Hojlund, Argentine winger Garnacho, and English midfielder Mainoo, who have contributed eight of those 15 goals.
“Players need time, especially young players like Rasmus and Alejandro,” United boss Ten Hag said. “Also, they need a team, so those two facts were not there in the first part of the season. We had to make a lot of adjustments in our way of playing, so by stages, it was difficult to serve the offensive part of the team.
“When that happens, it can happen really quickly that players are going to develop and progress, like we have seen. From the start, I was confident they had the potential to do what they are now doing, and now it’s about keeping moving, keeping going, and being hungry.”
“I think they enjoy playing together. There is adventure. They are a danger. They want to do it together and pass it on to each other so that everyone can play to their qualities and everyone can score goals,” he said. “It’s great if they want to do it together because that is the key; then we can have a lot of pleasure from this.
“They are young players, and the future for Manchester United is quite bright with such talent on board, but you have to develop the talent.”.
In conclusion, ahead of United’s trip to Aston Villa on Sunday, Ten Hag praised the qualities the three youngsters have brought to previously struggling United.
- Emilio Nsue scores first AFCON hat-trick since 2008
- Paul Pogba anti-doping hearing moved to unspecified date
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity