Sembabule district Chief Magistrate Sylvia Nvanungi and state attorney Jackline Bako from the Director of Public Prosecutions’ (DPP) Ssembabule Field Station have been charged with corruption at the Anti-Corruption Court in Kampala.
Apparently, they are accused of soliciting a Shs2.5 million bribe from the relatives of one John Ambasize, who was on remand, in exchange for his bail
Nvanugi, who is attached to Mitooma Chief Magistrates Court, caused a stir in court when she pleaded for mercy, claiming she was framed by her superior in the judiciary.
In April 2023, Sylvia Nvanungi was the magistrate in charge of supervising other grade one magistrates in Sembabule district, and Bako was the resident state attorney attached to the office of the DPP Field Office.
Related articles; DP opposes Bill giving govt oil import monopoly
She later presented sureties who were deemed unsubstantial, leading to her remand until November 23, 2023. Her colleague, Chief Magistrate Joan Aciro, advised her to make a fresh bail application.
The prosecution alleges that in April 2023, while Nvanugi was still Ssemabule Chief Magistrate, she conspired with Bako to solicit over Shs12 million from Sabiiti Eric and Kalintu Zedekiah, who were facing charges of attempted murder, criminal trespass, and malicious damage to property.
In conclusion, it is also alleged that the two court officials subsequently received and accepted Shs10.4 million as a bribe to release the suspects on bail and drop the charges.
- Joyce Mpanga, former Minister of Buganda dies at age of 89
- Link Bus driver arrested for using a phone while driving
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity