The Uganda People’s Defense Forces (UPDF) have destroyed 500 camps allegedly belonging to the rebel outfit, the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) since the start of Operation Shujaa in November 2021.
Ugandan Defense Minister Vincent Bamulangaki Ssempijja made the revelation while addressing sections of local people and political and religious leaders from Bukonzo County at two separate meetings held in the county.
However, Ssempijja, who first addressed residents at Kisinga town council headquarters, later proceeded to Mpondwe Muslim Primary School in Mpondwe-Lhubiriha town council, where he talked to a big gathering that had come to listen to the defense Minister.
Mr. Ssempijja told our news reporters that “Some people lost hope and thought the country was on fire. Those people [the ADF] cannot face the army, and neither can they face the Police. They choose to quietly go and kill innocent civilians. They are weak and should be condemned in the strongest terms. We are here to assure you that we are in control”.
“The ADF was at its weakest, adding that the attack on the Ugandan Mpondwe-Lhubiriha secondary school was aimed at diverting the UPDF and creating the impression that the rebel group, which is said to have links with ISIL, is still strong,” he added.
Further more, he narrated that the small number of insurgents, with the help of collaborators within the community, must have taken advantage of Uganda’s porousness to infiltrate the country, but assured the people that the Uganda People’s Defense Forces would not tire until it brought to book all the ADF insurgents wherever they were.
Stephen Mbera, the Sub-county Chairperson of Nyakatonzi, appealed to the government to support and strengthen the Local Defense units, which he said are vital to intelligence gathering and the security of the villages.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled