On Monday, police in Lyantonde district raided a shop dealing in electronic appliances and confiscated an assortment of items worth millions of shillings.
The raided shop is located along Kooki Road in Lyantonde town council, Lyantonde district.
However, investigations done by police reveal that the confiscated items, including, among others, CCTV cameras, computer monitors, printers, speakers, generators, microphones, and many others, were stolen from the districts of Lyantonde and Kiruhura.
According to Mr. Douglas Kiwanuka, the officer in charge of Lyantonde police station, the operation to seize the stolen items followed numerous calls from individuals who had lost their property to thieves.
Mr. Emmanuel Sagala, the chairperson of Cell III on Kooki Road, said the arrested shop owner has a big racket consisting of thieves he calls his “agents”.
Kiwanuka told uncoveredug news reporters that “Kiruhura, one of the residents registered a case of missing hair salon equipment, and another case of a missing public address system was reported by the management of Nyakahita Church of Uganda. Our detectives managed to arrest the suspect, and he took them to a shop where he regularly sells stolen items; both suspects are in our custody.”.
“We have received information that some of the items were stolen from Kyazanga, Mbirizi, and Sanga,” he added.
In conclusion, he said the shop owner has been buying the items well knowing that they are stolen.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 7, 2023Police in Tororo District have killed a 26-year-old man, Godfrey Odoi
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Victor Kamenyo advises all his Wife’s admirers to use Soap
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Geosteady discharged from hospital After a four day sickness
- Celebrity GossipDecember 7, 2023Gabie Ntaate speaks about her struggles with Anger issues