Antony could return to the Manchester United side for their Champions League game with Galatasaray on Tuesday.
The Brazilian winger has not played since early September after allegations of domestic abuse were made against him.
Antony, who has denied the allegations, has not been arrested or charged in either Brazil or the UK. However, he returned to training on Sunday, and boss Erik ten Hag says he is “in consideration” for the Group A game.
Ten Hag has also confirmed that defender Lisandro Martinez will require surgery for a foot injury.
The 25-year-old Argentina international missed the end of last season after fracturing a metatarsal in April, and United expect him to miss another three months because of “an aggravation” to the injury.
United have a lengthy injury list that includes full-backs Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Luke Shaw, and Tyrell Malacia.
They also lost their opening game in this season’s Champions League group campaign, 4-3 at Bayern Munich.
The 23-year-old, an £81.3 million signing from Ajax in August 2022, has featured in four games this season but has not provided a goal or assist. He scored eight times in 44 appearances for United in 2022–23.
In conclusion, Manchester United have had their worst-ever start to a Premier League season, with Saturday’s 1-0 home loss to Palace leaving them 10th in the table with nine points from seven games.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira