Police in Kisoro district have intercepted and apprehended a 29-year-old suspected Allied Democratic Force (ADF) recruit.
Police spokesperson Fred Enanga says the suspect was reportedly captured alongside his wife, Fatuma Nansamba, 21, and their two children, aged 3 years and 6 months, as they attempted to sneak into the DRC to join other ADF rebels.
Enanga has assured the public of the police and other security agencies’ continued utilization of their expertise and capabilities to combat all forms of violent extremism that threaten the country’s security.
The suspect has been identified as Ashiraf Ssempebwa, a resident of Nakabiso village, Kavule Parish, in Mpigi district.
According to Maj. Bilal Katamba, the spokesperson of the UPDF Mountain Division, the fight took place in Ndalia, north-east of Erenget town, in the Ituri Province of the DRC.
Our news reporters told us that “Police in Kisoro district have intercepted and apprehended a 29-year-old suspected Allied Democratic Force (ADF) recruit. Police spokesperson Fred Enanga says the suspect was reportedly captured alongside his wife, Fatuma Nansamba, 21”.
In conclusion, This comes after the Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF) and the Congolese army (FARDC) in a joint operation on Monday night killed 1 suspected ADF rebel and recovered 1 submachine gun, 1 mortar, 44 rounds of ammunition, and 4 military radios.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled