President Paul Kagame has appointed his daughter, Ange Kagame, to lead policy and strategy in his office, a decision made during a cabinet resolution at Urugwiro Village. Ange, with a Master’s in International Affairs from Columbia University, will now advise her father on crucial economic policies.
However, her previous role was as a senior policy analyst in the same office, and she joins her siblings within the president’s inner circle.
Ange’s brother, Ian Kagame, graduated from Sandhurst Royal Military Academy and currently oversees the president’s security. Two years earlier, Ivan Kagame, the eldest of President Kagame’s children, received approval to join the Rwanda Development Board.
Related articles; Pakistan Launches Retaliatory Missile Strikes Into Iran
Furthermore, this move by President Kagame draws parallels with his mentor, Yoweri Museveni, who has faced criticism for appointing family members to key positions in Uganda.
Museveni’s son, Gen. Muhoozi, a Sandhurst graduate like Ian Kagame, serves as a presidential advisor in Uganda. However, this has led to accusations of nepotism. President Kagame’s family members seem poised for similar advancements.
In conclusion, despite such appointments, it’s worth noting that Rwanda has enjoyed relative peace and security under Kagame’s leadership.
- US F-16 Fighter jet crashes in South Korea
- The day of the Dead in Mexico is a celebration of the 5 senses
- West African leaders meet as region struggles with coups
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity