President Museveni has rejected Justice Esther Kitimbo Kisakye’s early retirement, saying granting her would preempt the work of the Judiciary Commission of Inquiry or tribunal.
It should be noted that Justice Kisakye and the Chief Justice, Alfonse Owinyi-Dollo, were involved in a scuffle when Owinyi-Dollo confiscated her file during the 2021 presidential election petition, stopping her from reading her decision about the matter.
“I have received your letter dated July 18, 2023, tendering for your early retirement. As per the law, I cannot obstruct your wishes. Doing so would preempt the work of the Judiciary Commission of Inquiry. Apparently, you made some strong statements against the Chief Justice. Either those statements were right or wrong. It is the inquiry that can conclude that. It is after that that the way forward will be clear for you,” the letter read.
Related articles; Chief Magistrate, state attorney remanded over corruption
“Article 144(1) of the Constitution of Uganda permits a judicial officer to retire at any time after attaining the age of sixty years. I am now 63 years old. In accordance with the said article, I hereby tender my early retirement from the Supreme Court,” the letter continues.
She added, “I thank you and the people of Uganda for having given me the opportunity to serve my country as a justice of the Supreme Court.”
In conclusion, Kisaakye said that Museveni appointed her to serve as a justice of the Supreme Court on October 12, 2009, and by the time she wrote the letter, she had served in the Supreme Court for 13 years and ten months.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity