Today 17th March 2023, The Uganda Alcohol Industry Association has come out to tell the general public that only 36% of the Alcohol countries are registered and they are the only ones that bring revenue to the government and 64% of the companies have no license and this has made the country to loose a lot of money because few companies pay tax and also putting people’s life at risk of drinking products that are not registered.
We interacted with one of the board governors who was known by one name Mr. Kaggwa who gave some details about the complaint and he said “About Shs2 trillion of taxes is what we lose. But it should be the job of an individual to question why they are drinking something whose source they don’t know,”.
Further more David Livingstone Ebiru, the Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) executive director, said trade in illicit alcohol continues to thrive due to production in ungazetted places such as backyards of people’s homes. So he went on to encourage people or companies who have intentions of producing alcohol to go and register their companies so that they get to know them.
Here at uncovered news we encourage the people who drink alcohol to always see the company bottle and read the instructions carefully before taking so that to reduce embarrassments of health risks
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka