After five close rounds in their first encounter, Islam Makhachev made quick work in the lightweight title rematch against Alexander Volkanovski at UFC 294. Makhachev knocked Volkanovski down with a head kick in the first round and finished the fight shortly after with strikes on the ground.
However, Volkanovski took the fight just 11 days ago, filling in for Charles Oliveira, who was removed due to injury. He said after the fight that his job at lightweight “is done” and he’ll go back to defending the featherweight title.
In the co-main event, Khamzat Chimaev (13-0) secured himself a future title shot by beating former welterweight champion Kamaru Usman. Usman, who took this fight less than two weeks ago, was taken down immediately and spent the entire first round on the ground. He battled in the second and third, but lost by majority decision.
In conclusion, Here’s how Brett Okamoto and Marc Raimondi saw all the action at UFC 294:
- Bebe Cool blasts local promoters over disrespect of musicians
- Official burial planned for Henry Kyemba
- Charlotte Fc beats Inter Miami to land first playoff spot
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 7, 2023Police in Tororo District have killed a 26-year-old man, Godfrey Odoi
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Victor Kamenyo advises all his Wife’s admirers to use Soap
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Geosteady discharged from hospital After a four day sickness
- Celebrity GossipDecember 7, 2023Gabie Ntaate speaks about her struggles with Anger issues