Makerere University has set new dates for the 74th graduation ceremony, during which 13,000 students are expected to graduate at the institution’s main campus in Kampala.
Additionally, a letter released yesterday by Prof. Mukadasi Buyinza, the academic registrar, said the graduation ceremony will be held next year, between January 22 and January 26.
The University vice chancellor, Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe, revealed last month that the Senate would convene to consider the final graduation list. However, this was not possible, according to the university’s spokesperson, Ms. Ritah Namisango.
Related articles; Makerere University lecturers reject attendance biometric system
However, it had earlier been announced that the ceremony would be held from January 8 to January 12, 2024, but due to the expected NAM Summit, changes had to be made to avoid collisions.
While addressing the 4th Fulbright Prof. William Ssenteza Kajubi memorial lecture on November 7, Prof. Nawang noted that the institution had embraced artificial intelligence as the new normal to enable learning for all the students.
Ms. Namisango told our news reporters that “we call upon all those students who will be graduating to use this time to ensure that they have satisfied the academic requirements and financial obligations.”.
Remember the university held its graduation ceremony this year in February, but Prof. Nawangwe said the institution was slated to return to the old schedule in August next year.
- UCU Elections: Two Nominated for Guild Presidency
- Minister Muyingo says Let fees defaulters also sit for exams
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira