In the new Africa university rankings, Makerere University has dropped by four places to the 17th position as of July 2023, from the 13th place where it was sitting at the beginning of the year 2023.
The new rankings were released by Webometrics, also known as ranking web, on Monday, July 31st.
However, The Ranking Web, or Webometrics, is the largest academic ranking of Higher Education institutions, offering every six months an independent, objective, free, open scientific exercise for providing reliable, multidimensional, updated, and useful information about the performance of universities from all over the world.
Kyambogo has risen to 4177th place from 4331st in the ranking at the global level.
Additionally, It is important to note that KIU (Kampala International University) has held the second position in Uganda for two years running.
Makerere University has been closed due to the ongoing strike.
Following Uganda on the continental rankings is Kampala International University (a private institution) in the 61st position, Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) in the 116th position, and Kyambogo University in the 189th position.
Check out the best African and Ugandan universities respectively as shown below;
In conclusion, The Webometrics survey evaluated 11991 universities worldwide based on their excellence, openness, and impact. The rankings further categorize these universities into continent clusters.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipMarch 5, 2024Pastor Jengo Accused Of Selling Late Pastor Yiga’s Property
- International newsMarch 5, 2024Diplomatic Initiatives Intensify To Broker Israel & Hamas Ceasefire
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today