Erling Haaland scored twice as Manchester City inflicted more pain on Manchester United with a 3-0 win at Old Trafford to close within two points of Premier League leaders Tottenham.
Haaland slotted home from the penalty spot and headed in a second just after halftime before setting up Phil Foden for City’s third. However, City began the match outside the top four after an indifferent start to their title defense.
But Pep Guardiola’s men remain the favorites for an unprecedented fourth consecutive English top-flight title and showed they are a class apart from their local rivals as they moved up to third.
A fifth defeat in 10 league games this season leaves United down to eighth, 11 points off the top.
Guardiola told our news reporters that “Always, it is special for us to win here at Old Trafford,”.
“It looks easy, but it is not. We have a lot of respect for United. We were at our best, especially in the second half.”
United great Bobby Charlton was again remembered before kick-off as legends from both clubs that played with and against the 1966 World Cup winner were welcomed onto the pitch before a minute’s applause.
After a miserable start to the season, United had won their previous three games, but in unconvincing fashion, against Brentford, Sheffield United, and FC Copenhagen.
This was the real test of any renaissance by Erik ten Hag’s men, and they were found wanting despite City taking 45 minutes to hit their stride.
- NBA opening-night rosters showcase record of 125 players
- Former India cricket captain Bishan Singh Bedi dies aged 77
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 7, 2023Police in Tororo District have killed a 26-year-old man, Godfrey Odoi
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Victor Kamenyo advises all his Wife’s admirers to use Soap
- EntertainmentDecember 7, 2023Geosteady discharged from hospital After a four day sickness
- Celebrity GossipDecember 7, 2023Gabie Ntaate speaks about her struggles with Anger issues