Former Speakers of Parliament received a shiny start to their week as current Speaker Anita Among handed them brand new vehicles on Monday.
However, the former Speakers who are likely to receive their vehicles are: Al Haji Moses Kigongo, Edward Kiwanuka Ssekandi, Rebecca Kadaga, and Prof. Edward Rugumayo, all of whom served as Parliament’s speakers, received the vehicles on Monday, December 18, 2023.
Anita Among told uncoveredug news reporters that “I thank the Almighty God for keeping all of them alive to witness this great day when they returned to the August House they presided over many years ago. We would have loved to receive all our former Speakers without exception, but some have passed on in retirement while others have passed on in office.”.
Related articles; Uganda Abolishes Visa Requirement For DRC Citizens
Speaking at the handover ceremony, Ms. Among revealed that Parliament will be giving the former Speakers new cars every 5 years, with the government footing the bill for fuel, maintenance, and drivers’ salaries.
In conclusion, it was also noted that the recent enactment of the Parliamentary Pensions Act expanded the beneficiaries to include all Speakers who have served Uganda since 1979.
- Police recovers a stolen gun from a shrine
- Whole truth about Dembe FM Shut Down after 21 years
- Court halts sale of Muslim property in Kampala
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity