The Anti-Corruption Division of the High Court in Kampala has summoned Ms. Mary Gorreth Kitutu, Minister in Charge of Karamoja Affairs, to appear on February 29, 2024, to answer fresh charges.
Uncovered UG understands that the charges have been sanctioned by the Inspector General of Government (IGG), Beti Kamya.
However, she is accused of causing a financial loss of Shs1.5 billion to the government by failing to conduct peacebuilding activities in the Karamoja sub-region.
Related articles; New Electoral Commission team vetted
Kitutu is jointly charged with Geoffrey Seremba, the accounting officer in the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM), Magezi Deogratius, the undersecretary and head of the Pacification and Development Program department, and Tracy Atuhairwe, an accountant from the OPM.
Furthermore, between February and June 2022, while serving as Minister for Karamoja Affairs, Ms. Kitutu allegedly failed to carry out peace-building activities in Karamoja, resulting in the Shs1.5 billion loss.
The development comes after the IGG dropped corruption charges against five other officials from the OPM to maintain Seremba and Magezi for illicitly obtaining benefits by authorizing the payment of Shs2.2 billion to various staff for peace-building activities without taking due diligence.
Both Magezi and Serembawere were present in court on Wednesday to enter pleas on the new charges before Grade One magistrate Christopher Opit, who has also maintained their earlier bail terms on the request of their lawyer.
In conclusion, Minister Kitutu is still battling charges related to the theft of 14,500 pieces of iron sheets that were meant to benefit vulnerable Karamoja communities. She will be appearing in court on February 12, 2024, for a hearing on the said charges.
- Lydia Jazmine drops Wotabade New song
- Bebe Cool Releases Only You New Year Song
- Sasha Brighton In Love Again Despite Numerous Heartbreaks
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity