Two bodies of the foreign tourists who were killed last month in Queen Elizabeth National Park have been repatriated to the United Kingdom, the police have revealed.
The deceased were identified as David Jim Barlow, 50, a British citizen, and Emmaretia Celia Geyer, 51, a South African citizen. Eric Alyai, a Ugandan, was their driver and was already buried in Kaberamaido District.
Remember, on October 17, suspected Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) terrorists shot and killed two foreign tourists in the park at Nyamunuka on Katwe Road in Kasese District in Western Uganda while on their honeymoon?
Related articles; Suspected terrorists kill tourists in Queen Elizabeth National Park
However, President Museveni commended the security agencies on Sunday for arresting one of the touristskillers, who was identified as Njovu,the group’s commander.
Mr. Enanga told uncovered UG News reporters that “All this while, we have been working with the forensic and investigative experts from the UK, and up to November 1, we managed to hand over the two bodies of the deceased tourists that were repatriated to the UK for further management.”
Mr. Enanga explained that all the legal formalities and findings in Uganda, the lines of inquiry, the timelines of events aligned with GPS, phone evidence, and other recordings were shared and availed to their counterparts in the UK. A full postmortem report was handed over to the UK team too.
In conclusion, the Ugandan Police promised that the truth behind these attacks would come out and even the perpetrators would be brought to book.
- Joan Kagezi killers finally arrested, says Museveni
- Link Bus driver arrested for using a phone while driving
- Mathias Mpuuga Praised for Effective Leader of Opposition
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Uganda on the spot for sending 600 delegates
- NationalDecember 4, 2023Over 120 countries sign COP28 UAE Declaration
- International newsDecember 4, 2023US Destroyer Successfully Intercepts Drones
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira