Police in the Rwizi region are currently investigating circumstances that caused a fatal accident along the Mbarara-Isingiro road by a global bus.
The Friday evening crash that involved two vehicles with registration numbers UBG 812K Global bus and UBL 945Y Fuso Fighter occurred on September 8, 2023, at around 7:10 p.m. at Mile 17 along the Mbarara-Isingiro Road in Isingiro District.
SP Kananura Michael, the Spokesperson for the Traffic and Road Safety Department, told the press that the Fuso Fighter, which was carrying scrap and people, lost control while speeding on a slope traveling from Isingiro to Mbarara and failed to break.
Kananura adds that it crossed into the opposite lane of the oncoming vehicle, colliding with a motor vehicle belonging to Global Bus Company, which was traveling from Mbarara to Isingiro.
However, he confided to this reporter that the collision resulted in the immediate deaths of eight individuals who were traveling on the Fuso Fighter, while one person on the bus sustained minor injuries.
Both vehicles involved in the accident were towed to Isingiro Police Station for IOV inspection.
According to him, the victim was taken to a nearby clinic in Isingiro for first aid, and the bodies of the deceased were taken to the Mbarara Referral Hospital mortuary for postmortem examination.
In conclusion, the primary cause of this accident has been identified as reckless driving by the driver of motor vehicle UBL 945Y (Fuso Fighter), according to SP. Kananura.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled