The police in Kibaale district have apprehended two siblings on charges of allegedly murdering their father over land.
The deceased has been identified as 63-year-old Benedicto Kato, a resident of Muzizi village in Kitutu Parish, Karama sub-county in Kibaale.
The two suspects in custody are Mary Komuhimbo, 34, and his brother, Twinomujuni Nyamutale, 40.
The incident unfolded when two assailants armed with a knife reportedly invaded the deceased’s home.
Gertrude Kobusinge, the wife of the deceased, reported that her husband was attacked when he went outside to attend nature’s call.
Kobusinge narrated that she heard his cries for help and rushed to his aid, only to discover him lying unconscious in a pool of blood. The assailants had inflicted multiple stab wounds on his head and neck.
He passed away as he was being transported to Kyegegwa Hospital for treatment.
According to Kobusinge, the deceased had been embroiled in a long-standing land dispute with his children.
Julius Hakiza, the Albertine region police spokesperson, has confirmed the arrest of the duo and that they are currently detained at Kibaale Central Police Station, facing murder charges.
Meanwhile, the body of the deceased has been released to his relatives for burial arrangements after a postmortem examination was conducted.
In conclusion, Hakiza mentioned that once the police investigations are concluded, the suspects will be brought before a court of law for trial, read more
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled