Col. Michael Walaka Hyeroba, the Commanding Officer of the Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) contingent operating in DR Congo, handed over a two-bedroom house on Thursday to Sefuko Ghato, an 80-year-old resident of Amafiga village, Kabanda sub-county in North Kivu, DRC.
The UPDF is deployed in the DRC under the mandate of the East African Community Regional Force (EACRF) on a peacekeeping mission.
The construction of the house commenced on May 16, 2023, spearheaded by the UPDF contingent engineering unit.
The excited Ghato praised the UPDF for fulfilling his dream.
Ghato told our news reporters that “Today my dream of getting a permanent house has been fulfilled by the UPDF.”.
According to Col. Deo Akiiki, the deputy defense spokesperson, Col. Walaka lauded the people of Rutshuru territory and the entire North Kivu for accepting UPDF peacekeepers in their territory during the handover of the house.
However, he pledged to work closely with the civil populace to ensure that total peace and stability return to North Kivu.
Capt. Kato Ahmad Hassan, the contingent spokesman, said the project is a gesture of appreciation to the community for their cooperation rendered to UGACON while executing the mandate of EACRF in the DRC.
The handover was also witnessed by the contingent administrative officer, Lt. Col. Matin Tokwaro Komakech, among other contingent headquarter staff officers.
In conclusion, the project site is approximately 11 kilometers from the Bunagana border and 28 kilometers from the contingent headquarters located in Kiwanja-Nyongera town.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka