Ugandan Police in Buikwe district are holding three people they intercepted along the old Jinja Bridge with a gun that was packed like food in a sack.
The suspects, who were traveling on a motorcycle, also had in their possession 29 rounds of ammunition.
Ssezibwa region police spokesperson Hellen Butoto says the trio was intercepted when security operatives guarding the bridge on the Njeru side conducted an impromptu check of everyone after noticing suspicious luggage.
Butoto says the sack also contained police marine uniforms, which the suspects said belonged to one of the officers attached to the marine unit.
Jinja’s old bridge is located between the Source of the Nile tourism site and the new Nile bridge.
The increased insecurity of guns in the majority of the country is due to the illegal possession of guns without even the authorities knowing.
Further, the increased unemployment of people in societies has increased the threat of insecurity.
We interacted with some people near the bridge, and they told us that “Uganda is no longer a safe country due to the increasing instabilities among its citizens. We call upon the government to stabilize the security organ.”.
In conclusion, here at Uncovered News, we take this pleasure to thank Madam Hellen Bukoto for arresting the armored men.🙏🙏
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled