Rail passengers across Britain are facing another day of limited and disrupted services as the RMT union stages a second 24-hour strike in three days in the long-running pay dispute.
Most of the 14 affected train operators will be running roughly half their normal timetables, although there are wide variations in service levels. The strikes will also hit cross-border trains serving Wales and Scotland, where staff are not directly in dispute.
However, Final departures on long-distance trains will come earlier in the afternoon, with Avanti West Coast running one train an hour between big cities. Engineering work on the mainline linking London and Glasgow is affecting services. LNER, CrossCountry, and GWR will also cut schedules.
Services were due to start late this morning and end early tonight, with reduced schedules across England in particular, as about 20,000 train staff working for operators contracted to the Department for Transport (DfT) took action.
Additionally, The strike coincided with the last day of a week-long overtime ban by train drivers in Aslef, as well as engineering work, compounding disruption and misery for travelers.
Others, including Northern, TransPennine Express, Southeastern, Govia Thameslink Railway, and Chiltern, will stop services altogether on some lines and at many stations.
Most major airport rail services will run throughout the daytime on one of the busiest weekends for flight departures from the UK, although a reduced number of Southern and Thameslink trains will substitute for the suspended Gatwick Express from London.
In conclusion, The Rail Delivery Group, representing train operators, said passengers should continue to check before travel. Some disruption is likely to continue into Sunday morning.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka