Police in Jinja City have deployed sniffer dogs to detect explosives at the Source of the Nile Bridge, also known as the New Jinja Bridge.
Kiira Region Police Spokesperson, James Mubi, says they have acquired two sniffer dogs through Richard Okullu, the Kiira Region Police Commander, to boost their investigations, especially in Bugembe, Mafubira, Namulesa, Buwekula, and Wanyange areas.
However, It also follows a ban on pedestrians from using the Old Railway Bridge at night after three suspects were arrested carrying a gun in a sack.
Constructed in the 1940s, the Bridge, which lies South of the New Bridge and has a suspended railway line, offers pedestrians a shortcut from Jinja City to Bukaya, Nyenga, and Nile.
Ssezibwa Region Police Spokesperson, Hellen Butoto, earlier said three suspects, including a Fisheries Protection Unit officer from the Uganda People’s Defence Force (UPDF), were arrested last Thursday on the said Bridge with a gun in a sack.
Butoto said the trio was allegedly trying to cross to Jinja City from Njeru in Buikwe District and are currently being detained at Njeru Police Station pending investigations.
In conclusion, this follows a ban on pedestrians from using the Old Railway Bridge at night after three suspects were arrested carrying a gun in a sack.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled