The Internal Affairs Minister, Gen. Kahinda Otafiire, revealed this afternoon that the government already knew about the terror threat prior to an alert issued by the United Kingdom (UK) government.
Uganda is a good country with a freedom leader who notices the threats before
In his address to journalists at Parliament on Tuesday, Gen. Otafiire stated that the terror alert issued by the UK government simply confirmed what government intelligence units had gathered.
Otafiire told uncovered news reporters that “The United Kingdom Government is a friend to Uganda. They alerted us to be careful because terrorists were about to attack us. It is a friendly gesture; what they told us, even we (the government) knew about it and had some information about it. What I am asking Ugandans is to see to it that we protect ourselves and our places and report any person you suspect may do harm to Uganda. It is not the first time that terrorists are attacking us, and it won’t be the last, but it is upon us to protect ourselves.”.
Last month, the United States government issued a similar alert days before suspected Allied Defense Forces (ADF) rebels attacked and killed over 40 people at Lhubiriha Secondary Schools in Kasese district.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled