Manchester United has confirmed the signing of Sergio Reguilón from Tottenham on a season-long loan until June 2024.
However, the loan move for the Spanish international is effective due to the injury spell at Manchester United that has kept players sidelined at the club for weeks.
Owing to his involvement with big clubs, the Spanish international has won trophies such as the Europa League and the FIFA Club World Cup.
His arrival at the club is crucial, as both Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia are absent from the team due to injuries sustained by both players.
He will serve as a replacement for the players for the rest of the campaign.
Sergio has played for top clubs in Europe, including Real Madrid, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, and Tottenham Hotspur.
Manchester United’s start to the new campaign season has not been impressive so far, as they’re struggling to keep up their winning form and get the necessary points.
Reguilón’s statement after joining United:
“In life, you have to be ready for everything, and the chance to represent this great club with such an illustrious history is one that I could not turn down. Having spoken to the manager, I know what he needs from me, and I’m ready to play my part in helping the team achieve success”.
“I know that I can contribute to Manchester United this season; I am ready to fight for this group and show everyone my qualities”. he added
In conclusion, John Murtough, Manchester United’s director of sports, said:
“Once it became clear that we needed to bring another left back, we accessed a number of targets and acted quickly to sign Sergio”.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled