A Police officer in Amuria District in eastern Uganda has been reported to have defiled and assaulted a pregnant Juvenile whom he calls his baby wife. The 17-year-old victim had a six-month pregnancy.
Robert Ssebuufu, with force number 73456, attached to Amuria Central Police Station (CPS), is said to be a serious perpetrator of gender-based violence while with his wife (a Juvenile).
The Police officers who are neighbors to the victim say that even just yesterday, on July 14, 2023, Ssebuufu got a bartoon and started to beat the wife.
“When he starts beating his wife, we watch as neighbors, but he is very arrogant and likes changing women,” a police officer who preferred anonymity told our news reporters.
Additionally, “My husband has kept on assaulting me while stating that no one, not even a DPC or RDC, can manage him,” the tortured victim tearfully narrated.
She added that last week on Friday, she asked Ssebuufu to provide her with some money for purchasing clothes for the unborn baby, but she was beaten badly, hence prompting neighbors in the barracks to get concerned, but still Ssebuufu chased them.
On the evening of July 14, 2023, the victim wanted to commit suicide but was rescued by the neighbors. “He doesn’t buy food, and the money I use is from the shop that I spend time in,” she added.
In conclusion, Gilbert Opio, the victim’s brother, and Deborah Ajulang, the girl’s aunt, said they were not attended to when the said police officer defiled their girl, and now they are waiting to see how police will handle the case of defilement and assault since the girl is aged 17 and hence calling for justice from responsible authorities.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 24, 2024‘It’s My Time To Shine’ – Spyda MC
- NationalFebruary 24, 2024Mourners gather to pay their last respect to the late Eliot Kabangira
- SportsFebruary 24, 2024Liverpool’s Salah, Nunez in contention for League Cup final
- Celebrity GossipFebruary 23, 2024TikToker Ibrahim Musana remanded to Luzira over abusing Kabaka