Mulago National Referral Hospital has achieved a monumental milestone by completing its inaugural kidney transplant, a groundbreaking procedure that lasted nearly four hours. This achievement positions Uganda among the global fraternity of countries capable of performing organ transplants, marking a significant leap forward in medical capabilities within the nation.
However, in Uganda, kidney complications that need referrals to outside countries come second to heart complications. To bridge the gap, Mulago National Referral Hospital has officially started conducting organ transplants.
The maiden organ transplant in the country was achieved this week by Ugandan doctors with the help of professionals from India.
Related articles; Mulago Hospital conducts first kidney transplant
Kidney disease in Uganda is increasing and is among the top 10 causes of death, with a case fatality rate of 21% among patients admitted with chronic kidney disease.
Experts have hailed this surgery as a transformative moment for individuals grappling with kidney complications in Uganda. The success of this transplant represents hope, promising a new era of improved treatment options for those battling renal ailments.
As Mulago Hospital etches its name in medical history with this pioneering surgery, the success of the maiden kidney transplant stands as a testament to the nation’s advancing healthcare capabilities.
In conclusion, the prevalence of kidney complications in Uganda is a pressing concern, with a significant number of individuals affected by renal diseases. The high costs associated with seeking treatment abroad and the logistical challenges, particularly in transportation for patients requiring specialized care in other countries, have long been a burden for many Ugandans.
- Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- Mulago hospital gets new capnography to monitor patient breath
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024Prima Kardashi calls ‘kukyala Nakubwa’ New Song trash
- Celebrity GossipMarch 2, 2024DJ Jacob Omutuuze Reveals He Checks Daughter’s Virginity