The case of inciting violence against Kawempe North Member of Parliament Muhammad Ssegirinya has been pushed to October 6, 2023.
This was after his relatives informed the court that Ssegirinya is unwell and that he is out of the country [in Germany] for treatment. The communication prompted the trial magistrate, Siena Owomugisha, to adjourn the matter to October.
Here at uncoveredug, we wish Muhammed Ssegirinya a quick recovery 🙏🙏🙏🙏
The legislator is alleged to have posted a message on his official Facebook page, “Ssegirinya Muhammad Fans Page,” that is calculated to incite the public against a section or group of the Ugandan population while relating it to the 1994 Rwanda Genocide.
Further, He is alleged to have committed the offense between August and September 2020 while in Kampala.
The prosecution states that Ssegirinya allegedly conspired with his Makindye West counterpart, Allan Ssewanyana, to terrorize the people of Masaka with pangas.
However, his relatives informed the court that Ssegirinya is unwell and that he is out of the country [in Germany] for treatment. The communication prompted the trial magistrate, Siena Owomugisha, to adjourn the matter to October.
In conclusion, Ssegirinya is also battling other charges of terrorism, murder, and attempted murder, all relating to the spate of murders that swept the Greater Masaka region in 2021.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled