Chelsea defender Levi Colwill has just signed a new six-year contract with an option for an extra year after performing well in the pre-season.
The new contract was finalized on Wednesday evening, as the player was keen on staying at the club, wading off previous interest from other EPL teams. The contract runs until July 2029 and possibly 2030.
Reasons for Colwill staying at Stamford Bridge:
It’s always been an easy decision for me.
As I’ve grown up,all I know is Chelsea.
I’ve spoken with the manager, and he’s given me the reassurance and trust I needed.
He’s spoken with me not as a player but as a person. It’s made a big difference.
The defender confirmed that he was given assurance by the manager, and that improved his zeal for staying with the club.
Co-sporting directors had this to say about the English lad:
“Levi is an outstanding player who has reason to face every challenge in his Career so far. We are thrilled he will remain at Chelsea for years to come.
Further, Colwill’s career so far
The 20-year-old plays for England.
He helped the England squad win the European Under-21 championship. A graduate from Chelsea academy, started training at age 8
Being among the standout young central defenders in European football and this summer The player was on loan at Brighton last season.
In conclusion, He featured at pre-season matches under Mauricio Pochettino and has now extended his contract at Stamford Bridge.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- SportsSeptember 27, 2023Morocco To Host 2025 Africa Cup Of Nations Replacing Guinea
- HealthSeptember 26, 2023Police officer among 7 arrested over sale of government drugs
- SportsSeptember 25, 2023Arrest warrant issued for Chargers CB JC Jackson
- EntertainmentSeptember 25, 2023Muslims want Nyege Nyege festival cancelled