The Chelsea ownership are still fully behind Graham Potter despite his shaky start to his Stamford Bridge tenure, according to reports.
Potter left Brighton to join the Blues in September after Chelsea owner Todd Boehly decided Thomas Tuchel was not the man to lead the Premier League club into a new era.
Chelsea have only managed to pick up 11 points from a possible 24 in the Premier League in Potter’s first eight matches and they now sit in eighth, eight points adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham
The Chelsea boss said: “It doesn’t make it easier, playing against a team in a really good moment, who are playing with a huge intensity.
“While I thought the first half was relatively even, they started the second half better than us and we had to adjust a bit. I thought we did that, and Conor had an opportunity where Pope made a good save.
“Newcastle scored, we had to push again and I think we had too many unforced errors to maintain any real quality or pressure.
“Credit to Newcastle, they’re playing well, in a really good moment and you could probably see the difference in the schedules between one game a week and the intense period we’ve had.”
Potter is under that much pressure already that the Daily Express have picked out ‘four options’ to replace him at Chelsea if the club were to sack him.
Mauricio Pochettino, Joachim Low, Zinedine Zidane and Brendan Rodgers are all named as possible options should Boehly and co. have a change of heart
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2016 at Kyambogo University. Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipDecember 1, 2023“Bajjo is not the type of man I want”-Doreen Nasasira
- UncategorizedDecember 1, 2023MC Kats on why he is finally quitting showbiz
- EntertainmentDecember 1, 2023Big Eye to perform at Reigns Birthday Party
- EducationDecember 1, 2023Makerere University Student found Dead In her Room