Finally, Manchester United sign Denmark forward Rasmus Hojlund. from Atalanta from Serie A in Italy
The deal in principle is worth an initial £64 million, with a further £8 million in add-ons. Atlanta went into negotiations wanting £77 million guaranteed.
As previously reported by Uncovered Ug News, the forward’s destination of choice has been Old Trafford, so there was no concern over PSG’s interest in the Denmark international.
However, The Premier League side were handed a boost on Saturday when Atalanta signed Almeria forward El Bilal Toure, while Hojlund was left out of the squad that played Bournemouth in a pre-season friendly.
Personal terms were no issue, with Hojlund agreeing to a five-year contract with the option of an additional 12 months.
United’s incoming business is now largely done, and any more arrivals are likely to depend on departures.
Additionally, If there are exits for Harry Maguire, Scott, Fred, and Van de Beek, United are understood to be ready to go into the market to replace them. However, strong interest remains in Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat.
In conclusion, Erik ten Hag will welcome pressing forward with pace, but patience will be required. Hojlund has promise, but United need to see significant progress to justify this outlay. He made that progress at Sturm Graz and again with Atalanta. This next step is the key.
written by @enock katamba
- Mr. katamba Enock: Professional designer with experience in web designing who started this activity in 2019 at Kyambogo University after graduation . Contact me on : (+256-758287080)
- Celebrity GossipMarch 5, 2024Pastor Jengo Accused Of Selling Late Pastor Yiga’s Property
- International newsMarch 5, 2024Diplomatic Initiatives Intensify To Broker Israel & Hamas Ceasefire
- EntertainmentMarch 2, 2024Catherine Kusasira Flown Out Of The Country For Heart Surgery
- SportsMarch 2, 2024Darwin Nunez gives Liverpool all three points today